Horticulture Assistant, Wimauma
This full time position operates alongside Florida Lead Horticulturist to ensure the production of the highest quality plant available. Follows established policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks. Supports techniques and practices in all areas of cultivation of cannabis including propagation, transplanting, pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest management, and disease detection and management. Maintains the integrity of cultivation areas and supports the cultivation of the best cannabis in the country.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facility Operations – Support facility operations as a member of the cultivation team to produce the highest quality medical cannabis possible.
- Production – Support and perform cultivation operations, including harvest, trim, cure and finishing processes, ensuring that production timelines follow established production plans.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding and knowledge of the cultivation of plants in Florida (including plants that may not be native to Florida).
- Experience in introducing new varieties of plants and regional cultivation knowledge.
- Experience with in-house propagation, understanding of proper fertilizers and pesticides.
- Experience with good agricultural practices as well as good handling practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicative intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing.
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- At least 21 years of age (as required by the Department of Public Safety).
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/surterrawellnessjobs/jobs/4307022002
To find awesome listings near you!