Click here for updates on this story

    CLIO, MI (WJRT) — At least one student is hospitalized after eating a candy laced with THC at Carter Middle School in Clio.

The Clio Area Schools superintendent is sending a strong warning to the community.

“There was a youngster that was not acting correctly, attempted to go home with another parent,” Clio Area Schools Superintendent Fletcher Spears III said.

He explained the middle school student was taken to the emergency room. It turns out they had eaten a candy laced with THC.

“It’s the typical hard candy that you might make at Christmas, comes out in that real slow liquid form and then hardens up and you crack it and break it open,” Spears said.

He said one other student also had trouble walking and staying awake. Altogether, six Carter Middle School students — a combination of seventh and eighth graders — ate…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..