The Las Vegas City Council voted four-1 Wednesday to build a new enterprise license and land-use regulations for marijuana social-use venues, a move that could open new enterprise possibilities for entrepreneurs and raise income for licensed cannabis retailers.
In the program’s initial 12 months, only current owners of marijuana retail licenses can apply for a social-use permit exactly where prospects could consume cannabis solutions. Following the initial year, everyone is welcome to apply.
David Riggleman, the director of communications for the city of Las Vegas, stated the initial requirement for social-use enterprise permits getting granted to current dispensaries will expedite the licensing approach. That is for the reason that these licensed retailers will currently have been completely vetted.
That implies the initial social-use venues could open this summer season, he noted.
The guidelines also:
- Prohibit venue owners from promoting, offering or distributing marijuana or marijuana solutions, such as flower, concentrates or infused solutions.
- Do not permit social-use venues to be situated inside 1,000 feet of any college or non-restricted gaming facilities, or 300 feet from city parks, churches or homes of worship, person care or group property facilities, neighborhood recreation centers, or any facility that has a principal function of offering recreational possibilities to minors, which includes libraries, art galleries, museums and martial arts studios.
- Make an exception to the minimum separation needs for current dispensaries that are at present operating inside these minimum separation needs.
- Let licensees to sell or supply marijuana paraphernalia, such as vaporizers or rolling papers.
- Need applicants to submit plans for safety, employee coaching, air high-quality, fire security and odor manage.
- Need licensees to spend a $five,000 annual charge.