The Division of Cannabis Regulation (DCR), the governing agency regulating industrial cannabis activities for the City of Los Angeles, released a new interactive map this week which highlights the quantity of retail licenses readily available for applications in every of the 35 Neighborhood Program Places in the City. The map shows the maximum quantity of retail licenses authorized (i.e., “license capacity”) for every Neighborhood Program Location as properly as how a lot of of these licenses are readily available or otherwise occupied by retailers at present in operation.

The interactive map will be specifically valuable for potential applicants who want to pursue a dispensary license throughout the subsequent and final round of licensing for the City and require to recognize eligible properties for a prospective retail place. A lot of retail licenses have currently been distributed which has significantly restricted the quantity of remaining licenses readily available for application in every Neighborhood Program Location. The restricted quantity of vacant licenses has additional complex the home search method for potential applicants — a method currently restricted by distance and sensitive use needs defined by the Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC). LAMC mandates that all retail areas be at least 700’ away from other licensed cannabis retailers and other “sensitive use” properties (e.g., public parks, public libraries). Additional, it restricts the place of prospective retail establishments to nine zones as defined by the City’s preparing site by way of Zimas.

Eligible Zones for Cannabis Retail Areas as Defined by The LA Division of City Organizing:

  • C1 Restricted Industrial Zone
  • C1.five Restricted Industrial Zone
  • C2 Industrial Zone
  • C4 Industrial Zone
  • C5 Industrial Zone
  • CM Industrial Manufacturing Zone
  • M1 Restricted Industrial Zone
  • M2 Light Industrial Zone
  • M3 Heavy Industrial Zone



Nowadays, the Bureau of Cannabis Handle, California Division of Public Wellness, and California Division of Meals and Agriculture announced a program to stop lapses in licensure for retailers who have active short-term industrial cannabis licenses that will quickly expire. The 3 licensing agencies are tracking the expiration dates of all active short-term licenses and intend to situation a provisional license to eligible retailers who at present have a short-term license prior to its expiration. To qualify for a provisional license, applicants have to:

(1) Hold or have held a short-term license for the similar premises and the similar industrial cannabis activity for which the provisional license will be issued and

(two) Have submitted a completed license application to the licensing authority, which have to contain a document or statement indicating that California Environmental Good quality Act (CEQA) compliance is underway.

In today’s announcement, the 3 licensing agencies urged that any short-term license holders who are contacted by their state licensing authority reply promptly in order to stay away from a lapse in licensure.