FOR Quick RELEASE:
November 16, 2018
Speak to: Cedric Sinclair, Director of Communications, 857-268-6454 Maryalice Gill, Press Secretary, 857-292-4891, [email protected]
BOSTON—Upon issuing notices these days for two retail marijuana establishments to commence adult-use operations in Massachusetts, the Cannabis Manage Commission (Commission) is urging adults who will enter shops for the initial time to know the law and consume responsibly.
The Commission has authorized Cultivate Holdings, LLC and New England Therapy Access, LLC to begin promoting marijuana and marijuana solutions in 3 calendar days. The timing of the notices permits retailers to coordinate opening day logistics with their host neighborhood, regional law enforcement, colleagues, and other vital stakeholders just before sales commence.
“This signal to open retail marijuana establishments marks a significant milestone for voters who authorized legal, adult-use cannabis in our state,” Commission Chairman Steven J. Hoffman mentioned. “To get right here, licensees underwent thorough background checks, passed numerous inspections, and had their solutions tested, all to make sure public wellness and security as this new business gets up and operating. As patrons appear forward to going to Massachusetts shops, we hope they will do their portion by initial familiarizing themselves with the law and understanding what is needed of accountable buyers.”
Chapter 55 of the Acts of 2017 needed the Commission to companion with the Division of Public Overall health on a public awareness campaign that highlights youth prevention tactics and consumers’ rights and obligations. Content material is at the moment accessible to enable parents and guardians talk about the dangers of adolescent use with their youngsters, and for buyers to understand about what is legal in Massachusetts.
The public is encouraged to take a look at MoreAboutMJ.org, to turn out to be informed about the effects of marijuana consumption, achieve access to prevention sources, and understand the fundamentals of the adult-use cannabis law. Rack cards like “The Guide to Marijuana in Massachusetts” and “The Parents Guide to Marijuana in Massachusetts,” are free of charge and accessible for order on the Massachusetts Overall health Promotion Clearinghouse web site.
Buyers need to know:
- It is illegal to use marijuana though operating a automobile. Adults need to make plans for sober transportation when at danger of becoming impaired by marijuana or marijuana solutions.
- Like alcohol, buyers can not have an open container of adult-use marijuana or marijuana solutions in the passenger location of a auto though on the road or at a location exactly where the public has access.
- Consuming marijuana or marijuana solutions in a public location is prohibited, as is smoking marijuana in any location exactly where smoking tobacco is prohibited.
- Per transaction, a retailer can not sell far more than a single ounce of marijuana or 5 grams of marijuana concentrate – which are also the possession limits in Massachusetts – to an person who is age 21 or older.
- It is unlawful to carry marijuana or marijuana solutions across state lines or federal borders.
- The impairment effects of edible marijuana may possibly be delayed by two hours or far more. Start off low, go slow.
For far more information and facts about the marijuana establishments that will quickly be operating in Massachusetts, take a look at the Commission’s web site at MassCannabisControl.com.