Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa are the two primary species of Cannabis plant. Each strains have higher levels of THC which tends to make them amazing for receiving higher! There is also a third species called Cannabis ruderalis. Ruderalis has really low concentrations of THC and is only utilized for developing autoflowering hybrid strains with indica and sativa. In this post, we’re going to appear at indica vs sativa and examine their physical look, effects and form of higher, healthcare makes use of, and genetic origins.
Love this infographic? Share it employing the hyperlinks above or copy and paste the embed code under. Thanks guys!
Indica vs sativa plant & leaf shape
It is worth noting that really couple of of the weed strains you obtain or develop to smoke are 100% indica or sativa. Practically all of them are hybrids that include diverse percentages of sativa vs indica. Breeders combine the strains to build new varieties that have especially desirable properties.
Indica plant and leaf look
Indica plants are shorter, bushier and extra dense than sativa plants and can develop to in between three and six feet in height. For this cause, they’re fantastic for increasing weed indoors because there’s substantially much less possibility they’ll develop tall adequate to hit your grow lights in your develop area or grow tent.
Indica leaves are shorter, fatter and are a darker shade of green than sativa leaves.
Sativa plant and leaf appearance
Sativa plants are normally taller and thinner than indica plants with much less dense foliage. They can develop up to 15 feet higher! This tends to make them fantastic for increasing weed outdoors, since you are substantially much less probably to be worried about height restrictions.
Sativa leaves are longer, thinner and normally a lighter shade of green than indica leaves.
What form of higher do you get from smoking Indica vs Sativa?
The Indica higher
- Indica strains give a complete physique higher or physique buzz and have a relaxing and sedating impact on the whole physique. When smoking robust strains, this can lead to ‘couch lock‘, exactly where you get so relaxed and sedated you actually cannot get off the couch!
- Indica weed tends to make you really feel relaxed, mellow, calm and sleepy.
When to smoke indica weed
Mainly because of their sedative effects, indica strains are finest smoked at evening when bed is a brief distance away.
The Sativa higher
- Sativa strains give an uplifting, energetic head higher that is felt substantially much less in the complete physique than indica strains. They also have a tendency to have extra ‘spacey’ hallucinogenic effects than indica.
- Sativa weed tends to make you really feel extra inventive, energetic, social and talkative.
When to smoke sativa weed
Mainly because sativa strains give you an energetic head higher and do not sedate the physique, they are substantially improved for smoking throughout the day when you have to have to keep active and alert.
Healthcare makes use of of Indica vs Sativa
Indica healthcare makes use of
Indica strains normally have a higher level of THC vs CBD. The higher levels of THC suggests that some folks can endure anxiousness or paranoia when smoking robust indica strains. For other folks, the relaxing complete physique effects of indica strains can be use to decrease anxiousness.
Indica strains are usually utilized to assist with:
- Discomfort relief
- Appetite stimulation
- Anxiousness relief (if the higher THC levels do not make you anxious)
- Muscle spasms
Sativa healthcare makes use of
Sativa strains are utilized to assist folks suffering with:
- Mood problems
- Appetite stimulation
Flowering instances for indica vs sativa
- Indica strains have a tendency to flower substantially more rapidly than sativa and can finish flowering in 45 – 60 days.
- Sativa strains normally flower in about 60-90 days.
Sativa plants commit much less time in the vegetative stage of development ahead of they start flowering so the total development time for indica vs sativa is roughly the very same.
Well-known examples of Indica and Sativa buds
The origin of the Indica and Sativa weed strains
- Indica strains largely come from central Asia and the Indian Subcontinent (Northern India, Pakistan, Afghanistan).
- Sativa strains largely come from tropic regions about the equator (Thailand, Mexico, Southern India). Sativa is typically deemed the oldest ‘original’ strain but weed has been increasing wild for thousands of years so there is unlikely to be 1 original strain.