Drying and Curing the buds
Now that all our plants are harvested and pruned we’ve carried out about half the function, the most vital methods of the entire procedure nonetheless lie ahead.. Drying and (in particular) Curing your buds.
We did a entire short article more than here if you want all the particulars, right here we’ll largely just show you the pics of this round’s drying and curing, given that we had a bit a lot more than we could deal with we had to get inventive ^^
If you can, surely keep away from the cardboard box remedy, the buds at the bottom may possibly finish flattened due to the weight of the buds on leading. If you will have to go for this, rotate frequently the layers of buds.
The vital right here is to hold your buds in a dark and dry space. Personally I do this till your hear a small crack when bending the stem, at which point they go into some jars to get started the curing procedure 🙂
Crucial points for the duration of the drying procedure:
- Retain your buds in a dark location Light will attack the trichomes
- Retain the buds in a dry space.
Now that your buds are in the jars the procedure is virtually more than!
The flowers need to nonetheless be fairly humid, so for the subsequent two weeks you will want to open them at least a half hour a day.
When they get started to be crispy, you can add a humidifying packet (~50% humidity) and open them every single other day or so.
Crucial points for the duration of the curing procedure:
- When the buds are nonetheless humid, open the jars frequently.
- Shop in a dark location. Just as it is correct for the duration of the drying procedure, light will attack trichomes.
- Often rotate the buds inside the jar. Considering the fact that the ones on leading will dry quicker, you will want to even it out.
- Curing can go from two weeks to two years, just like wine taste and smell will boost with time.
If you go for a extended term remedy, bear in mind to add humidifying packets. if you do not the buds will be so dry that they break like dust.