Welcome to Cannabis Advertising and marketing Reside, All Puff. No Fluff.
Now is all about blogging. In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Why blogging is crucial for cannabis firms
- What you want to know to get began
- Blogging Ideal Practices
Verify it out!
When I began my 1st weblog in 2001, it was strictly for entertaining and permitted me to do two issues I appreciate:
- inform stories about my perform/travel adventures
- Remain in touch with pal and loved ones with out possessing to send emails to every person (oh life just before social media was so entertaining when it came to staying in touch)
More than the years, it was crucial for me to remain up-to-date about blogging for my students and consumers. I’ve taken classes about blogging, researched it extensively to create a case for blogging at the university exactly where I worked, and lastly, I teach blogging as component of my social media classes.
But sufficient about me. Let’s speak about why blogging is crtical for your cannabis firm.
Blogging is nevertheless significant, and even a lot more so for cannabis firms.
Contemplate these stats:
- B2B firms that blogged 11+ occasions per month had practically 3X a lot more site visitors than these blogging -1 occasions per month. (HubSpot, 2015)
- B2C firms that blogged 11+ occasions per month got a lot more than 4X as lots of leads than these that weblog only four-five occasions per month. (HubSpot, 2015) (Supply: https://www.hubspot.com/promoting-statistics)
- 47% of purchasers viewed three-five pieces of content material just before engaging with a sales rep. (Demand Gen Report, 2016)
- 94% of individuals who share posts do so since they feel it may possibly be valuable to other folks
Blogging is crucial for cannabis firms
Right here are a handful of factors why:
- You Personal the platform, you personal the content material
- Generate original content material that is new and required in the market
- Continue assisting to alter the perceptions about cannabis across the nation and the globe
- Enhance your search rankings on Google (given that we can not run paid advertisements on Google)
- Buyers buy from web pages that offered trusted facts and content material!
- No 1 can shut you down
What you want to get began
There are lots of tools out there that make blogging promptly develop into intense and time-consuming, so we’re only going to concentrate on a handful of of them right now.
- Your firm and internet site
- Clear ambitions
- Comprehend your audience (build a consumer persona)
- Essential subjects your audience is interested in – and there is a enormous lack of genuine content material to support new cannabis consumers really feel comfy!
- Start off Writing
Blogging Ideal Practices for Your Cannabis Small business
There are lots of finest practices and recommendations to use content material to develop your small business. Right here are a handful of essential recommendations to get you began!
Create for your audience
Who are you writing for? Are you writing for a millennial who is a typical smoker, or a child boomer seeking to attempt it for the 1st time in decades? Create for them. Do not attempt to create for every person, but create for them, you are speaking to genuine individuals
Who is your brand? What do you stand for? Why is your firm in small business? What is your Why? Use these guiding principles to remain accurate to your firm and your audience. Our consumers are sophisticated and they can sense insincerity, so stick to getting genuine. Life is as well quick to do something else.
Use Your Search engine optimization Cannabis Keywords and phrases
Create for your audience, but you want to make positive you are which includes Search engine optimization keyword phrases in your posts. Tools like Yoast (WordPress Plug-in), SEMRush and Answer the Public can support you get began in acquiring the finest cannabis keyword phrases for your small business.
Use pictures, videos, GIFs, podcasts, or what ever is simpler for you and fits your style. Often make positive you are applying keyword phrases and describing your content material. Google does not scan videos so actual words are nevertheless essential to enhancing your search final results, consumer trust, and expanding your small business!