Back when I first made cannabutter last year it occurred to me that anything can be make into an edible. After all these years of having my free spirit killed by domestication, now I wake up everyday and start breakfast. Last year, the day after making my first batch of cannabutter actually, I woke up to make some eggs but I didn’t have any real butter just cannabutter, so I thought to myself, “what the hell,” and just fried up some eggs in the cannabutter. To realize later that those eggs had us laid out on the couch watching TV all day seriously baked. And so since then, this has turned into a thing. Saturdays now, when there’s time to couchgate all day, are for Waking, Baking (with the morning smoke sesh) and Brunching! And in my house this CannaBrunch Burger is a fan favorite:
Serving portion: 4 Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 eggs
- Adobo (with the red cap)
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of Sargento sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of bacon
- minced garlic (I use the one in the jar)
- 4 rectangular frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 sticks of cannabutter
- This is really pretty quick so the first thing I do is set my oven to 420 degrees.
- Then I grab the ground beef and put 2 egg yolks in. Then 2 tablespoons of diced garlic. And season with Adobo.
- By now the oven beeped so I put my 4 frozen hash browns in the oven.
- Then I get my hands dirty and massage the ground beef mixing the garlic, yolk and seasoning in while forming 4 patties and then placing them in the freezer.
- Next take those 8 strips of bacon, cut them in half and in a frying pan I fry up the bacon with 1/4 stick of cannabutter.
- While the bacon is frying I take another 1/4 stick and butter my burger buns.
- By now the bacon is done. So I take them out add another 1/4 stick of butter to the bacon grease and use that bacon butter mix to fry up the burgers. I can only do 2 at a time and I only flip them once. So by the time to make my second set of patties I add another 1/4 stick for the 2nd round. And yes here is where you melt the cheese onto the patty too.
- Next I take my hash browns out. They are nice and brown my now and I cut them up into strips.
- All while in another frying pan I using cannabutter to fry up 4 eggs over easy.
- Last part just stack your buttered bun, burger patty with cheese, hash brown strips, 2 strips of bacon cut into four, the fried eggs and the top bun. Boom! CannaBrunch is ready to serve!
I like to serve these with some fruit and french fries on the side but you can do whatever you want really. I do promise you however that all who indulge in this brunch is sure to have a baked, stoney day! Hope you enjoy!